[Harp-L] Re: Jazmaan Sings/Mike Polesky Plays on YouTube

Sorry the vocal amp wasn't turned up a little more, but it wasn't really intended to be a recording session.   More of an exploratory jam for the musicians to get to know my tunes and each other.   It was a thrill for me to have such wonderful backing musicians and everybody had a blast so the next step is some small live gigs around the westside of L.A.

After going back and listening to the audio, I hear that the vocals were also low in the beginning got turned up a bit later on in the set.   After editing out all the chat I've got 15 songs with 96 minutes of music:

I'll Remember April/April Skies*
Scrapple From the Apple*
Round Midnight
Star Eyes*
Old Devil Moon
Temptation
Groovin High*
Tin Tin Deo*
Chi Chi*
Easy to Love
Stranger in Paradise
Up Jumped Spring/Valse Hot*
The Song is You
Wave
This Time the Dream's On Me

*The asterisk songs feature my vocalese lyrics.

I'll probably post all these on a torrent site as several people have expressed interest in hearing them.

Thanks again to Mike Polesky and all the other great musicians who made this such a fun afternoon!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Three video clips from the April 25, 2009 Greentree Jazz Jam in Pacific Palisades, CA.   Featuring:

David "Jazmaan" Fairweather - vocals & vocalese lyrics;
Mike Polesky - chromatic harmonica;
Llew Matthews - piano;
Jimmy Garafalo - bass;
Paul Kreibech - drums

"Star Eyes"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRB3_ONOEb4

"Temptation"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn4uKgk2ZCI

"Old Devil Moon"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxUenDDpWkk

Sorry none of these video clips are quite complete.  The videotaping was kind of a last minute afterthought.   But we do have over 3 hours of audio if anyone's interested.