Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Harp Hygiene 101-- tip No. 10

Phil: I'm one of those who thinks nothing of letting other people handle
and check out my harps, especially at Conventions (people are always
curious),  and yeah..I do realize a lot of people can be quite careless with their
personal  hygiene...but...I also always carry with me those little
individually wrapped  alcohol wipes (sold in boxes at the drug store). It takes a
couple of seconds to  wipe down a harp after others have handled it or prior to
playing.

Problem solved.

Elizabeth

Message: 5
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 10:37:33 EDT
From:  Philharpn@xxxxxxx
To:  harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

One of the less obvious hygiene violations and most  common practice is
passing a harmonica around to people to show the covers,  combs or reed
assembly.
Many people who wouldn't dream of sharing their  harps   (let other play
them) readily let other people handle  them.

You don't have grab the restroom exit door handle without a paper  towel to
pick up all kinds of germs. Just pass your harps around: You're  bound to
find the guy who just sneezed into his hands or walked out of a  restroom
without washing his hands.

Hope this  helps
Phil

web. Get the Radio Toolbar!