Re: [Harp-L] re How Do You Clean Your Harmonica?

very interesting, seems logical.....now all I have to do is find some one with false teeth....

abner (Blueyes, I have most of my teeth.)
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dave Minson
  To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, April 25, 2009 3:02 PM
  Subject: [Harp-L] re How Do You Clean Your Harmonica?

  Zach Frisch wrote:

  'I have another beginner's question. I have two harmonicas now, both diatonic one in E and one in C. I was wondering, how do you clean a harmonica without it being toxic to your breathing while you play? Is there a way to clean a harmonica and preserve the integrity of the sound without taking the whole thing apart?  Any help on this would really be appreciated. Thanks,'

  The easiest way to me is to put your two harps (or more) in a glass of warm water and add an "Efferdent Tablet" (used primarily for cleaning false teeth).  Soak for about 15 minutes, rinse your harps off well in fresh water and let air dry.  I would not recommend this for any harps with wood combs, nor for valved harps, but for most harps this is easy and effective and doesn't require disassembly.  Good luck.
  dave