[Harp-L] ear plugs

Dear Harvey, my favorite ambassador of the Big Easy and Ace Harley aficionado,

I for one eschew earplugs, not only because of the slight audioynamic change (I haven't paid for the fancy ones), but also 'cause it feels stupid to plug your ears while playing music.

What about the audience?  WHY PLAY SO FRICKIN' LOUD!!   I heard a guy recently, explaining why he likes the LOUD bass woofers in his lowrider, say that he liked the vibrations. So it ain't the "music."  I'm convinced guitarists have the same feelings, they like to shake their (and your!) kidneys like a hard-tail knucklehead Harley on washboard roads!

With MY self-destructive behavior I prefer colors, euphoria, love and/or relaxation, or very high torque and leaking oil, not deafness.   I don't stay where it hurts.

-Dave "huh? what'd you say?" Fertig