Re: [Harp-L] ear plugs

Like having a shower in a wetsuit. What's the point? Band turns down or I leave.

>>> Harvey Berman <cscharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 24/04/2009 15:36 >>>
Old age and music are catching up with me, and I am losing my hearing. My Audiologist read me the riot act on earplugs, so I bought some.  I have tried before to play harmonica with earplugs, and wound up taking them out.  This time, I bought some made for musicians, and I went to a jam session last night and used them.  It was a wierd feeling to be able to listen to music which was I know was too loud, and being able to enjoy my new lowered volume.  When I got on stage, however, it was a struggle to hear my harp, and I think I wound up blowing a little too hard, though apparantly not as hard as I would have without plugs, because my harps were not blanking out too bad.

So, I guess what I am asking is this.  Who wears earplugs to play, and what is the general feeling about them.

Harvey Berman