Re: [Harp-L] new recording of "Over the Rainbow"

I missed this; where is the link? I play this tune all the time in umpteen positions, so I'm interested...
RD

>>> fjm <bad_hat@xxxxxxxx> 23/04/2009 5:37 >>>
A nice version of the song.  It does illustrate why I think it's almost
impossible to play on a standard tuning diatonic.  Personally I've never
liked the compromises I had to make playing it first on a German major
tuned 10 hole and then later on an SBS.  You can get the notes kinda
sorta but it never lays out comfortably.  I've finally given up and play
this tune on a Melody Maker tm in the key of F#, lowered version not
higher.  Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this particular sond was
the impetus for West Virginia Bob's foray into the world of chromatic
harmonicas.  fjm