[Harp-L] Mic volume and tone

I'm just about ready to order an Epiphone Valve Junior combo amp. This amp is

basic, with only a volume control. I've read enough reviews so that I am now in

the "a little bit of knowledge is dangerous" mode.

On this and many other amps, as the volume and or gain controls are boosted,

tone changes. So, lets assume, that a desired tone is attained at a volume

level that is too loud for the application. If the volume level of the mic is

reduced, will that change the tone or will the desired tone still be produced,

but now at the desired volume?

I suppose that I could test this on my big amp, but it would be too loud.

Thanks,

Joel

Joel aka Powerharp
www.myspace.com/powerharp