[Harp-L] Two new short pieces by Richard Hunter

Hi all,

I've been doing a series of short pieces to present some of the sounds I've developed for the Digitech RP250.  Two of the latest are now available at:
http://taxi.com/rhunter

Go to that URL and scroll down the list of songs until you see "Walkin' with ABB" and "Walk Slow Talk Loud".  The former is 30 seconds of Allman Brothers Band-inspired music, with two harmonica parts, both played using a Digitech RP250 patch that combines a Vox AC15 amp model with a leslie speaker effect to create a Hammond organ sound.  The latter is 60 seconds of much spacier stuff, with a Digitech RP250 sound that includes a Champ amp model, a low octave double, and a wah wah effect.  (Toward the end of that piece, I also added a fifth double and a high octave double, this time with a piece of software called Octv8r.  Did I mention that I used a flanger and an extra delay line too towards the end?  Electronica is a slippery slope, my friends.)  This piece is heavily influenced by the band Morphine, though it's much brighter than Morphine's stuff.  Both pieces begin with very little instrumentation besides the harmonica, so you can really hear what the RP250 is doing to the sound.  Both pieces are recorded using a Suzuki Firebreath harp in A, second position, through a Fireball V mic directly into the Digitech RP250.  (Lot of "fire" in that relatively short gear list, huh?)

If you like the idea of altering the sound of the harmonica, you'll like these pieces.  If the idea of playing harmonica through a box that alters its sound is offensive to you, you might be happier listening to something else.  Either way, it takes two minutes of your time.  And it's fun.

For those who've licensed my Digitech RP250 patch set, the patches used for these pieces are FAC15ROT and FCH8DW, respectively.  Enjoy.

Regards, Richard Hunter