Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Mark Sallings link

You're right...'Mighty Oaks' is a great song.  I love that slow  Blues too.
This one verse alone...

"now the sun don't shine on Johnny,
and all the Lightning left the sky
the lights went out on Little Walter
Downhome Blues has said goodbye..."

WONDERFUL blues song.

For those who don't yet know, Mark's myspace page has become an 'In
Memoriam' site (April 11 was his birthday), with a mention of SPAH and his  band's
appearance there in 2005.  I didn't get to enjoy his playing at  that SPAH
due to what I thought of as excessive volume (at the time) while  having a
very bad headache...but I'm glad I listened to this..it's gorgeous  blues.
I've completely revised my opinion of Mark and the band.

Elizabeth

Message: 6
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 22:09:58 -0500
From:  "steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <swebb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L]    Mark Sallings link (Resend, sent to wrong address
at  first)
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

I don't usually post links, but I  have always been a Mark Sallings fan and
moreso after meeting him in Kansas  City at SPAH.
He has a MySpace page with some tunes... I would highly  recommend
listening to
Mighty Oaks.. Man, I love this kind of blues.
Steve Webb in Minnesota, where I seldom get to play the  blues.
www.MySpace.com/marksallings

**************The Average US Credit Score is 692. See Yours in Just 2 Easy
Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221621489x1201450100/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26h