[Harp-L] Re: Holes suddenly hard to draw and blow

By hard to blow do you mean that more force is required to play a note at a
particular volume or that you have to blow harder before the note starts to
sound or that you must be more particular not to blow too hard to get the
note to sound?

I have been working on my GMs and adjust them to play to a particular volume
with as little air as possible. This allows for longer playing per breath
and a much better instrument to play. Also I want them to increase smoothly
in volume with a smooth increase in pressure and to bend smoothly with
smooth changes in pressure.

In setting the reeds up, it seems that straight reeds with just enough
gapping so the reed will sound and no arcing works best. I emboss the slots
to as much as possible, relieving areas where there is binding. I often will
revisit the set up after playing it for a while to try and improve things
where needed.