Re: [Harp-L] Hohner MB Deluxe disappointment --not

Just to counterbalance the recent negative experiences about the Hohner MB
Deluxe.

I have owned two MB Deluxe harps in C for a couple of years now. I think
one was acquired via the Internet and the other at a SPAH convention. I
usually buy at least one harp at all SPAH and Buckeye conventions I attend.

I have been impressed with their remarkable playability in both Straight
Harp (key of C) and Cross Harp (key of G and 12th Position (Key of F) on the
Deluxe.

It is easier to get bends on the MB Deluxe than it is to push the button on
a chrome.

I found all the reeds fully playable and not requiring any tweaking.

I also own a collection of at least one key of C harp from just about every
brand available up until the Seydel models.

While I enjoy my Oskars, Golden Melodys, Marine Bands, Suzukis, Seydels,
Huangs and Herings -- I find the Deluxe to be a remarkable harp.

If I could justify the expense, I would buy   a complete set. But I already
own more harps (sets) than I will burn through in the next 20 years.

Hope this helps.
Phil

Access 350+ FREE radio stations anytime from anywhere on the
web. Get the Radio Toolbar!
(http://toolbar.aol.com/aolradio/download.html?ncid=emlweusdown00000035&ncid=emlcntusdown00000002)