RE: [Harp-L] Re: Reed problem

I've bought, used, abused and wrecked hundreds of harps in my time, and I can say without fear or favour that I have never experienced a reed that was in good alignment out of the box (which is 99.9% of 'em, though of course my personal tolerances may be slacker than those of others) going out of alignment unless it was caused by interfering intervention from me.   They clog, they jam, they need gapping, they go flat, they go all dull, but the only way they'll go out of alignment is if I fiddle around ineptly with 'em.   If I have a previously well-behaved reed that is no longer behaving itself, and I haven't tinkered with it myself, alignment is the last thing I'll be trying to adjust.  It'll be something else, so go easy with that little alignment spanner.  I'm talking about reasonable harps here, not ultra-cheapos.

Steve Shaw

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/137984870/direct/01/