[Harp-L] Re: Crossover

Robert Hale wrote:

I applaud Hohner for introducing a better harp. Here
are my questions:

1. Isn't Pearwood "natural and renewable" already?

SB:
Yes, but it's getting harder to obtain and grows slowly

2.	Fast growth and no aging means lower cost of
production?

SB:
No, it has to be laminated and sealed. A fully sealed bamboo comb is more expensive to make than an unsealed or semi-sealed pearwood comb. For that it's completely waterproof and much more stable

3.	Did the blind test pro players choose it
because of improvements OTHER than bamboo are involved?

SB:
They were not testing the MB Crossover, they were testing reed profiles and comb materials on the basis of an MB Deluxe. This subsequently led to the selection of features for the Crossover, which I listed in my posting yesterday.