Re: [Harp-L] Venture a guess?

I can't tell you exactly, but my research shows this mic was made in the late 40's into the 50's. This page has some pictures of an earlier version of this model with a slightly different shape to the base:
http://mesmers.com/weblog_2006_05_24.htm
Their S/N is lower than yours, which is why I assume it's earlier and not later. There is some other interesting information about the mic on that page, corroborated by a few other pages I found.

A while back, I was looking for info on a Turner mic I found. Eric Braun has a great deal of history on the company and their mics. Perhaps he can help you date it:
http://www.ericbraun.com

Seth

Gary Calahan wrote:
Hello,

Can anybody guess approximately what year this Turner 33-D mic
is?  I have had it so long, I have forgotten.

The plate is engraved with: "33-D 14681 H1"

http://tinyurl.com/cyo2q8

Gary C

BTW........the Shure 55A is mid '40's with original element.......and
still works!

--
The beatings will continue until morale has improved.