To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "John F. Potts" <hvyj@xxxxxxx>; <greg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 15:19
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: putting my money where my mouth is - the importanceof sealing the front of the harp

'Bout 12 years ago at a MasterClass, I approached Mark Hummell and asked him why he had the harp on the side of his face. He said he didn't know what I was talkin' bout. I explained it to him, he checked himself, and said, "Oh yeah... I guess I do."

I began to incorporate it into my technique, and the advantages were immediately obvious.

Here's a video of it in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3A2xFZH7EU

I'm utilizing the technique in a dynamic manner depending on the tone I'm trying to achieve for a particular part of the solo or note, sometimes even opening my grip altogether.

Ray.
--
www.resgraphics.com/music
www.myspace.com/bluemax503