[Harp-L] 1847 three harp Boogie in Klingenthal, video lightened for viewing pleasure

I took that Klingenthal three harp boogie, video, with permission, and lightened it, also sharped it, it was really out of focus, since the camera could not focus without light. Not the clearest visual, but you can see who everybody is now and get an idea of what they are doing.

It's a pretty good lesson for newbies about how these multi-harp things work, everybody has a role and they pretty much stick to it. Bouman is laying down the foundation that "Doc" Bertram  plays lead on and most of the time Herbie is complimenting Bertram's lead and there are a few times where Bertram is complimenting Herbie, obviously, he shifts into compliment mode during Herbie's vocals. Ben's Low A is pretty obvious, but since Herbie and bertram are playing the same harp, 1847s in A, I had to isolate phrasing and use body language during certain parts as a Rosetta stone to identify who went with what phrasing.
It's a good piece to pick out parts on and listen to them individually to see how three harmonica players should work as a team, there's a good lesson in Bouman's playing... I mean, if I were Ben Bouman, I'd probably be strutting around like a fightin' rooster, but he keeps it simple and does his job, laying down a foundation for Herb and Bertram to shine on. There is an "I" in "Trio," but you have to forget about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQYOc2-MuDk

Dave

Dave Payne Sr.
Elk River Harmonicas