[Harp-L] MB Deluxe Comb swelling

Can anyone tell me the current situation w/ MB Deluxe combs? I bought a dozen of these when they first came out and had to replace the combs. I read that Hohner corrected the varnish problem so I bought another dozen over the summer...same problem, though not as extreme.

I'm thinking of disassembling and varnishing the entire comb, all surfaces, w/ Behlin's salad bowl varnish (without removing the factory varnish). Any tips or advice, please? What's the current comb thinking of people using the MB-D? Thanks in advance.