To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 11:52 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Prices of Seydel Chromatics Compared to Diatonics

Are Seydel Chromatic Deluxe chromatics comparable in quality to Hohner's 270?
I've been thinking about trying the Seydel Chromatic Deluxe based on what I've heard about their diatonics and the attractrive average price of $99. I'm curious how a company with diatonic prices set well above the leading manufacturer (Hohner) can produce a chromatic at a price well below that of the leading manufacturer. I realize that the Hohner model is not the only one for harmonica manufacturing but it seems counter to the conventional wisdom.
Thanks
Ryan