Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 03:31:52 +0200
Subject: [Harp-L] re: Combs
From: Joe Mahan <joe.mahan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

On the "chopped air/siren" theory:
Take a low-pitched harp, hit it with a single quick blow, and pull it
away from your mouth quickly.
What do you hear, and feel with your hands? It's certainly noticeable,
how significant is debatable.
It seems to indicate that there is something besides chopped air
happening in the comb and cover plates.