Re: [Harp-L] Playing at Jam Sessions

Dan Berger wrote:
THE VOCALS ALWAYS COME FIRST.

And isn't it easier to find the pocket and the space for the harp when you play with better players, its more fun,
you sound better along with the rest of the band!
I think the better players are those who listen. Isn't listening the most important technique of ensemble playing? Then there's respect for the people you are playing with - not stepping on others. And there is respect for tension and space - where everyone understands that not every hole has to be filled. But I guess it all comes down to listening. If you can do that, you will know when and what to play.

-LM