[Harp-L] Combs

I am fortunate to have a number of harmonicas made by Joe Filisko. Some are built on composite wood combs and others on machined brass combs. I think there is a significant difference in tone when I play them but, of course, I know which type of harmonica I am playing and hear what I expect to hear. When I record them (48 kHz/24 bit through a Sennheiser 441), going back and forth from one to another in random fashion, then play the result back (through Sennheiser HD 265 headphones), I haven't a clue which is which. They sound indistinguishable to me. I'm with Vern.

George