[Harp-L] Harp LDigest Vol 61 issue 75 ref msg 2 SM57 AND DUCT TAPE

*I had Greg modify a like new Shure PE-54 into a beautiful wand mic with vol
control and single point screw on connector.  It's great in a mic stand,
however, as we all know the reason most of them are converted is due to the
545S Pistol Grips weight.  As far as I know the only guy still (was until he
got sick) using the 545S with the pistol grip is Stanley Behrens and he's
had that mic for over 40 years.*
**
*I have found that if you use simple black hair ties (no metal on them) and
wrap 3 or 4 around the body, below the swivel grille, they provide enough of
a lip to hold the mic and really work with it.  They leave no marks and are
cheap to replace if they become stretched out.  Just another idea....it
works for me.*
**
*KOH*
*Brasso*