[Harp-L] metal harp

you'd be surprised how much 2nd position you can fit in metal. not every song will lend itself easily, but find the ones that do. i play harp in half the heavy songs my band does and sing most of the other half (i sit out a couple, good time to get a beer). Sublime I play mostly first position (or sing). set some heavier distortion and try it! a good one is "Long way to the Top"-AC/DC- play the bagpipe part in 1st pos.
  once you get a song or 2 under your belt it gets kinda fun.

Shawnhttp://code29band.comhttp://www.myspace.com/bosqueblues

"From: Garry Hodgson <harp@xxxxxxxxxxx>Subject: [Harp-L] metal harpi've begun playing with a band that's still figuring out what kindof music it wants to play. they began as mostly a Sublime cover band,but the leader recently sent an email with links to the music he likesand wants to do. it's all metal stuff: ozzy, judas priest, ac/dc, thatkind of thing. not exactly my cup of tea, but whatever. i'll giveanything a try. so is anyone else out there playing this kind of music? or have pointersto heavy metal harp? or suggestions about where/how harp fits, or doesn't,in this genre?"