Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: questions about high keyed harps

Gary Popenoe writes (snipped):

"Singing is the closest technique I have found to playing harmonica.
The main difference is that my vocal chords are  out there just  in
front of my teeth."

...that's a great way to put it...and how I always think of playing
harmonica too. To me it's always about 'the song' (even if it's an instrumental  - in
that case I simply think the melody), but always I sing the song in my  head
while using the harmonica to convey it instead of my voice, which  means, of
course..that I have to know the song before I can play it well, but  that's fine
since I seem to know hundreds upon hundreds of songs I hadn't  before
realized I knew. Must have just absorbed them by osmosis. :)

Elizabeth