[Harp-L] Comb material

Tom wrote:
?I have a friend that owns a woodworking shop with some very high end computerized (we are talking
$200,000 pieces of equipment) milling equipment......... I'm sure I could get him to
make some combs for me.

Tom, if you are going to go thru the trouble, i suggest that your final outcome have the tines
nicely rounded and slightly protruding in the front, like Joe Spiers does when he builds harps using the LaVoie
maple combs. To me, it makes quite a noticeable difference in the comfort of playing.  Another
example of a finely finished wooden comb is the wooden Seydel 1847.
  If u don't know what the two examples look like, let me know and i'll email you a picture.
ron