[Harp-L] Help! I'm being electrocuted by my Kalamazoo Model 2 ?

Hi. I asked myson, an electrical engineer and also our drummer. He feels that the aligator clip probably won't help. He suggested looking to a power conditioner. We use one for our band. Everyone plugs into it and it goes into a wall plug. You can check it out at www.musiciansfriend.com they carry them and they start at about $70. I believe ours is a Ferman. good luck.

bullfrog

I live on the north east coast of Australia.
In my acoustic blues shows I've been using a U.S. Kalamazoo Model 2 with a good Bullet Microphone [Dennis Oileeg], it's on a two pin American power plug into a transformer to 240 volt from the wall.
It works fine in an ordinary 'homely situation', however,I've begun to get electric shocks between my nose and the P.A vocal microphone when performing?
So I gather it's a 'earthing' issue.
The Australian socket is three pin one for the earth wire.
So rather than risk having my head blown off during a rendition of Smokestack lightnin',
I'm wondering if a crocodile clip and lead from the steel chassis of the amp to say the P.A. speaker pole will eliminate this 'loop'.
It's no fun trying to sing a tune with a bloody great spark arcing across my lips to the SM58, one tends to back off with trepidation?
It's a whole new experience, believe me!

Can anyone give me some 'ideas' on whats happening here or how to possibly fix it, before I get the tech onto it.
Please don't bother lecturing me however,
I obviously need to fix the issue ASAP and will do just that.