[Harp-L] Harmonica for Dummies

Phil wrote:
Message: 1
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 16:48:16 EDT
From: Philharpn@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Harmonica for Dummies -- w-CD
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Saw a copy of Winslow Yerxa's "Harmonica for Dummies"   ($21.99 list) in
Border's bookstore in Rochester Hills, Mich. yesterday.

Today I received my copy from Amazon. (ordered Aug. 31).

By recent count (as I recall) there are 1,800 members on the Harp List.

If everybody on the list bought a copy of this book (and the next harp book
published etc.), this would show the publishers that there is indeed a market
for harmonica books.

Buy it where you want. If your shop bookstores, and your store doesn't have
one, order. This may prompt the store to order an extra copy for the shelves.
And the more books on the shelves, the more likely newbies will pick up on it.

Now if you pick up the book and flip though the pages and conclude: "Jeeze, I
know all of this stuff," and put it back you are defeating the purpose. Buy
it anyway. And the next time somebody approaches you as a harmonica player and
starts asking questions, pull out the book and flip to the appropriate page to
answer their questions. Or loan the book to them. At $20 it's about the
price of a harp today.

Phil

Hey Gang-

I served as technical editor of Winslow Yerxa's book Harmonica for Dummies, and from this unique vantage point I want to wholeheartedly recommend this fabulous volume to the entire list. I doubt there is a soul here who wouldn't be able to learn something from it-I know I did. So pony up your greenbacks, get your copy, and start tootin'!

-Glenn Weiser
http://www.celticguitarmusic.com/harppage.htm