[Harp-L] Harmonica for Dummies

I gotta disagree that we should all purchase "Harmonica for Dummies" as a way to all stick together.  If the members of this group were all going to stick together we could all vote among ourselves for the next president [assuming that you are a US citizen], then the members who were on the losing side of the vote would all go to the polls and change their selection to reflect the majority's vote.  Act like a block of voters, if you will.  Form a harmonica coalition!  [This wouldn't be such a joke of we yanks were paying European value added tax on musical instruments.]

However, I do agree with the other logic in that post.  "Harmonica for Dummies" is about 360 pages.  I have it on my want list with Amazon.com.   When I make my next purchase of books [large enough to get free shipping] it will cost me 14.95.  I could do a key word search on harp-l for "Winslow Yerxa" and spend hundreds of hours writing the book myself, or just buy it and use it for a reference.  I can't believe that there isn't something in that book that I don't need to work on.  Not only has Winslow done a substantial amount of work organizing his thoughts, he's done a lot of deep thinking about how to teach what you may or may not already know.  So if you can play well enough, but can't teach all that well, there will be something in it for you.

That's the idea of intelectual property.  Spread the cost of Winslow's efforts among a large number of people who get an inexpensive product, and yet are able to compensate the author fairly.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/047033729X/ref=s9sims_c2_14_img1-rfc_p-frt_p-3215_g1-3102_p?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1KN3M93NGNCAX5CEA38P&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=436516001&pf_rd_i=507846