Re: [Harp-L] re: my misty and Warren "whitebread" Bee

In a sense, this is similar to Polish Jokes or Italian Jokes. (Why are  there
so many Italians in the world? Because every time the sun goes down  another
"Daygo's by.")

Up until someone sued someone for "hurt feelings" and changed the world  into
fear of political correctness, these jokes were taken as jokes and everyone
rolled with the punches. We had thicker skin.

The white guys can't play the blues stuff is a bit like this - for one
thing, blacks created their own music from their own culture - blues and jazz.
It's OK to give them this much credit. White folk have a history of jumping into
this band wagon without the deep attachment or paying the dues like the
creators  of the music.

The colorization is based on small truths - this could be accepted for what
it is. However, there are always exceptions to the "rules". There are white
guys  that play excellent blues.

So, to generalize is wrong, but don't get insulted or outraged about  these
statements, unless you are going after $$ by hiring a lawyer over  hurt
feelings.

In a message dated 9/14/2008 6:40:41 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,