[Harp-L] Misty Feedback

First off I want to thank everybody who has commented on my recent "Misty"
post. I am a little at surprised at the amount of responses, how kind they
were and then this little "side track" thread that has emerged from it. When
Buddha made the white comment I never once thought of it in a racial
context. As I said, I knew exactly where he was coming from and he clarified
it well when he "outed" himself with his responding post. I have always
looked at music in "colorful" terms. I know full well when my playing is in
"rainbow" mode and when it is not. The emotion and depth of intensity that I
sometimes am capable of projecting when I am just jamming out my brand of
improvised blues is one thing but when it came to recording this classic
standard tune for the first time I was definitely not in that "space". Hey
obviously I must be fairly pleased with the results or I wouldn't be posting
and sharing it. I am very proud of what I did with that tune for where I am
in my musical journey BUT I must say that as time goes on I hope that I will
be able to let loose a bit more and inflict more colorful embellishments and
"WarrenBeeize" it more.

No race on this earth has cornered the market on emotional heartache. The
human condition is colorblind. We all have our crosses to bear. David
Bromberg, one of my favorites, made a great tune a few years back "Suffer to
Play the Blues". Now there's a white guy that don't have no loaves of Wonder
Bread on his kitchen counter! I dig the "rainbow" of colors that he inflicts
into all of his music.

Warren Bee