[Harp-L] Tone Wars - Middle Class Rig

"How's come people buy mics and amps, and then they buy more mikes and
amps, and then they sell the mics and amps?
Are they searching for 'That' tone? smo-joe

Addressing this empirically: My performance needs have changed over the last 3 years and I now need to be more competitive with louder musicians on stage. Secondly harp voiced amps and mikes are usually purchased blindly, e.g., ebay, made to order, etc. so sometimes you gamble and get a relative dud. It took me a long time (and no doubt some judgmental master of wisdom will remind me about how many times I have bought and sold) but working with a friend of mine I have landed in a terrific place tonally with my little Premier, my little Magnatone and my big 15'' Magnatone. And yes I may at some point sell the Harpking I recently bought. but I have no regrets about buying it. I understand (without necessarily agreeing) that indignation is activated when people are compensatory, i.e., short people on steroids in the gym to compensate for their shortness, harp players with anemic tone trying to purchase a tone pedal, etc, etc. but after all it is their bodies, and their money. I can only approach this organically and for me: Dennis: I've had to try out a lot of rigs and some have definitely supported my playing better than others. Didn't I read on this board that: there are lots of rooms in the house of music! d
http://www.myspace.com/blowintheblues