To: "Richard HarpL Sleigh" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:05 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] (no subject)

Can anyone tell me where this song "The Deb" that Dave Therault plays came from? Other recordings of it?

Also - the idea of feeling like a total beginner - I LIKE that feeling - as long as I am not comparing myself to someone else, it is a fresh space of feeling inspired, like here is something that I really love, and I am going to begin to have it.

Comparing myself to others in the ego mode always leads to the same place for me: I stop practicing, or get lazy and unfocused. I either stop practicing because its hopeless or I get cocky and then.... well - who needs to practice??? either way I get disconnected from the juicy and creative part of playing music.

Richard Sleigh

shop address:
205 E. Pine Street
Philipsburg PA 16866-1623