Re: [Harp-L] Magic Dave

That's how this thread got started Jim; with Mick Zaklan posting this:

"   Newcomers to the list might not have been around for this one, but I'm
glad someone preserved it.  Maybe my favorite example of fine 5th position
playing, Dave Therault's "The Deb":
http://snarkus.com/tunes/Misc/TheDeb-DaveTherault.mp3.

Mick Zaklan"

....cheers,
RD

>>> "James Sterett" <jsterett@xxxxxxxxx> 11/09/2008 9:18 >>>
speaking of Magic Dave and back to the recent thread on 5th position... there was a recording of Dave doing 'The Deb.'  Wasn't that, after some harp-l analysis, determined to be a fine example of fifth position playing?   Is that recording still out there?  smoking number.

Jim.
www.mcmule.com

>>> "Mick Zaklan" <mzaklan@xxxxxxxxx> 9/10/2008 6:49 PM >>>
I never met the guy but have been hearing about him for years.  It just
seemed odd to me that this cat lived in Colorado and, to my knowledge, never
appeared at any of the 3 major harmonica conventions held in Denver in
recent years.  I would hope that someone at least tried to book him.  I
believe Mojo Red from our list had some contact with him a few years ago.
   I first heard about him from Kim Field.  My memory is a little rusty but
I think Kim told me that he, Dave, and Magic Dick all started playing around
the same time in the same area and knew each other.

Mick Zaklan