Fwd: [Harp-L] how do you set the kinder afb?

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, roberttifol@... wrote:

ive been trying to figure out how to use the afb .anybody have some
good settings for this
robert tifol

--- End forwarded message ---

Per instructions, adjust the middle knob (calibrate) first.
Instructions say to set it so the blue light just begins to flicker
when you play hard.  This will vary significantly by the strength of
the signal coming from your microphone -- I have some very hot
microphones where the blue light flickers even with the middle knob
all the way counter clockwise -- for other microphones, maybe 1:00.
You certainly can adjust this to taste -- I've heard that some prefer
below that threshhold (no flicker) to make the pedal more
transparent.  (My theory is that the "plus" means that it is not just
an Anti-FeedBack unit -- the plus is some punch/crunch.) The
instructions also say noon for the two outside knobs for a start.  I
was experimenting at home with amp volume turned all the way up (I
would never try that w/o the AFB+); I found in my case that the right
knob had to be up to about 3:00 while the left knob didn't have to be
any higher than 9:00. I have no idea if that "finding" is
generalizable to other amps, etc.
IIRC, the instructions also say that you shouldn't have any
distortion devices after the AFB+.
--john k.