Re: [Harp-L] 5th position?Was Magic Gave now magic Dave ;-0

Talking about Dave brings back memories.I hadn't realised I have been on HarpL so long.He was the first one who put me onto the K spot ,the sweet spot etc re bending.His contributions were always very informative and he knew his stuff.
About 12? years ago Harp L did a compilation CD of list members submissions and Dave was on it with The Deb.My contribution was a version of Hideaway,not in the same league I might add.
There was quite an array of talent on the discs but I remember that The Deb stood out.I wore the disc out trying to figure out what he was doing,but considering that at the time I thought that you ether played like Bob(topical) or you played 2nd position.5th position! that be in the Karma Sutra.
Now I know why I never did get it down.
I recall Eric Clapton once saying that there were guys who never left their bedrooms who could play 'better' than him.I think that Dave would be like that in the Harp world.He sounded pro then what would he be like now,scary.
Rick
in NZ

A good search is Magic Dave Therault. Everything I've ever seen on the web is either a review/gig announcement or really old. He posted prolifically to harp-l then vanished. Good luck finding a recording of him. The L.A. Jones stuff is available but it doesn't really showcase his talents. I hear really brilliant harmonica players. I never want to play like them even if I was able to. Dave Therault's The Deb, That is something to aspire to. Speaking of harmonica players whose playing I admire, Ian Collard. He really has that groove thing happening. fjm