From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of David Payne
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 3:47 PM
To: Harp L Harp L
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Bob Dylan Signature Harmonica Gripe

Rob, I agree totally, but that no Steve Martin Banjos made me think of
something... the Andy Griffith signature D-18 Martin, but then again, Andy
could actually play guitar and there's a good backstory on how he got the
D-18 (stole/rescued it) that he played on the show... that makes an
interesting feel-good story.
What I don't like about it, is that it sends a message about diatonics. As
in, our signature chrom is Larry Adler, check out how he plays. Our
signature harp is Bob Dylan, now check out how he plays. That sends a wrong
message about the diatonic.
How come there's no Rob Paparozzi signature harp, that's what I wanna know.
I would be in favor of more things like that, becauseit makes the world more
interesting. How many harps did Hohner make in the 1930s? About a 2
bazillion. What were 1.999999(repeating 9s there) bazillion? Marine Bands...

I like the idea of doing different things, but, my, of all the harp players
out there, did they have to give it to Dylan?
Dave
Dave Payne Sr.
Elk River Harmonicas
www.elkriverharmonicas.com