To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 2:59 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Bob Dylan Signature Harmonica Gripe

Buddha wrote:
WHY would Hohner bring in this "harmonica savant" to build
a harp to his specifications? What possible specification
could he possibly have other than it has to make noise?

http://www.hohnerusa.com/index.php?1738

I'd like to see Hohner build a harp to Joe Filisko
specifications THEN maybe we'd all be getting somewhere.

This list is funny. On one hand, we have long debates about what can be done to popularize the harmonica in the mainstream. On the other hand, we have long debates over the merits of people who have done exactly that.

Like it or not, rightly or wrongly, more people hear Steve Tyler play
harmonica every day than will hear Joe Filisko in a lifetime.  For my
money, Steve Tyler is a great entertainer first, and a harmonica player
somewhere around 2,364th.  But if he inspires a generation to pick up a
harp and suck and blow, that's enough to get him a "signature" series.

-tim