From: Jim Greenwald <staggerin@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Harp L Harp L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 7, 2008 11:03:57 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Can y'all figure out what is special about this?

Hi Dave

Excellent ears ! The beat-up fragment on Honking Duck makes it sound even
more like a single "chorused" harp - hence the Digitech crack. With a
cleaner dub you can hear the second harp start after about seven seconds,
then they're locked just like you say.
The Crook Brothers String Band only made four sides (two 78rpm records). You
can get three of them, including 'Going Across The Sea' on the CD "Nashville
Early String Bands, Volume 2" (County) - plus four DeFord Bailey and a whole
lot of other incredible material from mostly Opry people.
I've played 'em all several times, but not so much this last year or so -
definitely overdue.
According to Tony Russell's discography, there were two guitars at the
session, with the guy doing the dance calls playing one of them. But my only
claim to hearing two on this track is when a little run is put in here and
there.

Cheers,
Jim