[Harp-L] re: the river

Harmonica communication at its finest.  I love Bruce Springsteen's use of the harmonica.  With that intro to the river I find myself already immersed in the story he is telling.  I am there, I am 19 with a Union card and a wedding coat.  All because that intro takes me there.  To me, this is a premium example of what music is all about and is one of the reasons I took up this silly little instrument.  It has power.  And again, not a technically difficult piece to play, just a perfect piece to play.  But you must take me with a grain of salt because I am a huge Springsteen fan.

Colby

>hey all,
>just watched a youtube video of bruce springteen,,, checkout ...the >river(ny live)...been
>so much dylan talk i needed a little break,,,,looking also for a >version that he plays
>acoustic guitar and the rack,,,anybody have any tips on the licks he >is putting down on
>his marine band?....i am heading for the river here in beautiful >lancaster county pa
>peace   joe g

Save on Emergency Alert Systems. Click here.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/fc/Ioyw6iiexRVM4ZX8WnELZP4eKkRVH8ZHNYuAtD00TY1J488q62L65i/