[Harp-L] Octave Effects - OC2 and OC3

Yeah the OC-2 isn't good for harps. And Jason Ricci is no longer using
it as a compressor, he's using the BBE Compressor. (It works great
btw)

I've tried the OC-3 while it's much much  better than the OC-2 it's
not near as good as the POG or HOG. I can't trip up my HOG. When I
tried the OC-3 it held on pretty well until I really pushed with
lightning fast bends and runs to which it responded with a big BLECH.
I thought I wrecked it. LOL

It would be OK for doing med tempo horn lines and what not but it's
not something *I* would rely on nor would I put it in my pedal board.

Richard hunter wrote:

I would avoid the Boss OC-2 in particular.  Jason Ricci uses one as a
compressor, but it's not a great octave doubler for harp--won't do
chords, won't track above the halfway point on most diatonics, sounds
more like a bass than a horn.  The OC-3 may be a different story, but
I haven't tried it so can't say.