RE: [Harp-L] Re: Bob Dylan as Harmonica Player

 "Bradford Trainham" wrote:
<Though I have to stop short of defending the harmonica technique on It Takes
<A Lot To Laugh..., that one is the Highway 61 take and I've always gotten a
<strange Jimmy Reed feeling from that song.

These are in fact my two favorite Dylan songs.

Non-harmonica content: if you have never heard Johnny Winter's version of "Highway 61 Revisited" from the "Second Winter" album, recorded sometime around 1971, stop whatever you're doing right now and go download it from iTunes or wherever.  Winter does for that song what Hendrix does for "All Along the Watchtower": gets into its guts and turns it into a scary spectacle that you just can't stop watching.

Regards, Richard Hunter
latest mp3s and harmonica blog at http://myscpace.com/richardhunterharp