[Harp-L] Octave effect

I actually own Chris's old POG which I bought from another harp player who bought it from him. I can tell you (while taking into consideration my 5 % of the talent of Chris) that the POG doesn't have the breath of Chris's HOG sample but it is fun and pretty large sounding and a bit cheaper than the HOG. I have two humble examples on my linked Myspace site. The first is the 4th song down "Live at Scotland Yard", and the 2nd is the final 6th song "Big Beef". Both performances were spontaneous. Neither are quality recordings. And "Big Beef" has some poor instrumentation. What I can tell you is the POG (my settings are on the subtle side) is an audience pleaser. It catalyzes "How did you get that sound" questions with a smile pretty frequently. Since I tend to play through vintage stuff these day: (Magnavox and Premier) each amp seems more or less suitable for a POG. The examples you hear me play on are all Mini-Meteor examples. One guy visiting from Germany who authors a harp related blog and was dealing Seydels when he came to a jam I play at bought a Mini-Meteor and a POG as soon as he came home. The POG through my 1955 8" speaker Magnatone really has some balls! My best. d
http://www.myspace.com/blowintheblues