From: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Richard Sleigh <rharp@xxxxxxxxxx>; Richard HarpL Sleigh <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>; Michael Peloquin <peloquinharp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 6, 2008 2:44:55 PM
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Bob Dylan as harmonica player

At the very end of "I'm  Not There", the fictionalized film about four different characters, none of whom "is" Bob Dylan (although Cate Blanchett's character comes very close) is a live clip of Dylan playing some very interesting harmonica. Again, not viruoso stuff, but he gets a rhtyhtm groove going (in that uptempo 2-beat 1962-folkie way) that has its own logic and integrity, and does some interesting things.

I think Dylan is one of those intuitive players whose lack of studied technique (or even parameters of quality) lead him to sometimes play pretty well, and and sometimes appallingly badly.

Winslow

Winslow Yerxa