Re: [Harp-L] Fwd: Question re: blue notes and micro-tonality

It is my feeling that theory and expression should not be thought of as
mutually exclusive.
As to blue notes being a convention, of course they can be thought of that
way. It is the nature of our species to codify expression. This is simply an
extension of communication. It is how ones breaks/bends those rules that
adds "feeling".