[Harp-L] Studio work via email

This Friday I am recording three songs for the new Billy Jonas CD.
Billy in in North Carolina but hires me for a lot of his Texas work.
This is the first time I have done studio via email.  I found the
engineer, we get along great and he is a pro.

Billy sent the songs by mp3.  Two songs are just for me to play what I
feel, but on one he played my part on pitch pipe, some of it very
quiet.  I have been tabbing out the pitch pipe, had my work checked
and approved by Bradford Trainham, my perfect pitch friend and harp-l
alum.  Thanks Brad!

I have charted out the part, this morning I went to practicing.  The
chromatic sounds slightly off tune with the pitch pipe which will
ultimately been off of the recording, but it makes me wonder if the
chrome is off with the rest of the recording. Perhaps the pitch pipe
has a compromised just tuning?  Perhaps my chrome is off pitch?

I found a bunch of harps that were well laid out for the tune, which
essentially is a major scale with a flat 2nd. I am debating between a
low 1st position E harp, a 2nd position A harp and the F# diminished
harp.  I think they all sound fine, I guess I need to show Billy over
the phone and see what he says.

Anyway, it is a fun process, hopefully it comes out as he wants it too.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com