[Harp-L] Joe Spiers rocks!

Blake wrote:
Without going into too much detail, I gave Joe a tricky repair on a custom
harp, and got it back amazingly fast playing better than it ever has. Great
customer service to boot. Here's a new, very happy customer of Joe's!

? I should add my long overdue accolades for Joe's work. Last year, just before he stopped taking orders, I got 8 of Joe's harps, his customized Marine Bands.? They play better than any harp I've ever played, and i've played harps made by some of the very?best customizers available.? One thing that sets Joe's harps?apart from the rest is his maple comb option.? I like them because of the beautiful?feel on my tongue of the protruding ends of the tines -- much like, but even better than the terrific wooden combs on?the?Seydel 1847's.? Last i heard, the maple comb option costs an additional $50, but once I tried them, i just couldn't go back to stock Hohner combs.? These are lifetime instruments, so I splurged.
??Any serious player will be able to play?better on Joe's harps.??They play very easily and fast and are so sensitive and responsive that I find myself hitting lots of great notes that normally wouldn't even sound (good notes, that is).? My Spiers harps?OB and OD better than any other harp I've played, without choking up if played hard.? And?this setup doesn't even cost extra!??
?? I tweak my?own harps but could not equal Joe's work if i spent 10 or?more hours on?a harp.? I look forward?with interest to when Joe re-emarges from his?hiatus and starts selling harps again.? I give them my highest recommendation.
? Sorry for the additional question marks my mail server always seems to insert into my posts.
ron - FL Keys