[Harp-L] Practicing Harmonica without a Harmonica

I do this all the time and it's something I teach to all of my students.

Merely listening to music is a form of practice. When I whistle, I
think of a harp and blow or draw whistle according to the harp I
pretend to be playing.  Humming, singing etc are all forms of practice
without a harmonica.  Playing music to me is simply interpretation the
vibrations of the cosmos, everything is energy, everything is
vibration. If you listen closely to other people you will hear
melodies associated with them and  you and feel their energy rhythms
if you are calm and receptive.  The biggest part to playing REAL music
not not just licks on a harmonica, is to hear something and play it.
It doesn't have to be exact but listening is half of playing music and
it's easier to learn listening without a harp in your mouth. The goal
for me is to have the harp be nothing more than a transmitter for my
soul.

lil buddha wrote:

I remember hearing about an interesting study involving teach children to
play golf without equipment. At least for the first part, they were
instructed to simply visualize playing. According to the study; when they
were then given clubs, they were equal or superior to a group that had been
practicing with equipment.
I am certain that most here think about harmonica even when not playing;
working out difficult passages and what have you.

But does anyone here have real, complete practice sessions without binging
their instrument to lips?