[Harp-L] RE: Harp-L Digest, Vol 61, Issue 2

Great demonstration of how a virtuoso who’s multilingual in many positions chooses which one to play in.

Incidentally, in your captions to the play-along video, you list the arpeggio for the Ab minor chord as Ab-C-Eb. But that looks like the major triad, so flatting the third for the minor would make the C a B....

Ansel

From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx [harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2008 12:22 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Harp-L Digest, Vol 61, Issue 2

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 00:12:19 -0700
From: Buddha <groovygypsy@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] new YouTube vids
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Guys,

I uploaded a couple of follow up video to my "Essence of the Night"
Soul style melody

The first one is the origin of the tune. The playing on it, isn't
great BUT it was the very first time I heard the tune and played along
with it. It came up next in my media player and I caught my attention,
so I decided to hit record on the web cam.  There are huge mistakes as
I figure out the changes in multiple positions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePyOc-rJ8Yk

The next one is a play along, just the backing track with notes on
what to play on whatever harp you're using. I hope to see some video
of all my mistake for you to learn from them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpc_2kVYZiw

Iceman, is a self proclaimed "smooth jazz" guy so I hope he
participates as well.  I'm sure you can play this or can you?  LOL

Peace.