[Harp-L] Stevie Wonder "We Love Ella"

I had a pleasant surprise last night, we were watching a rented DVD called "We Love Ella". It's from a 2007 PBS Great Performances tribute to Ella Fitzgerald. Absolutely fantastic concert at the University of S. Cal.. Really top notch stuff with Natalie Cole, Patti Austin, Take 6, and other great singers and players.

Anyway, about half way through, Quincy Jones introduces Stevie Wonder, who comes out and sings and swings the hell out of "Too Close for Comfort" with this gigantic big band / orchestra (including Peter Erskine on drums). And, of course, he plays a fantastic chromatic solo as well.

If, like me, you like this kind of stuff, you'll love this DVD!

- Slim.

--
www.SlideManSlim.com