[Harp-L] green bullet microphone question

I have a 1962 Shure 520 B Green Bullet microphone. The "B" model is not
usually associated with harps, as it is a low impedance microphone (I
believe 15 ohms according to Dave Kott's website on these mics). It does
have a great old look. I'm going to send it out to be rewired, but can't
decide whether to have the same person replace the element with a high
impedance version. On the one hand, it would be nice to hear it as it is,
but right now, it has a funky 4 prong plug that would require a fairly
expensive wire just to hear it. Dave Kott was kind enough to give his
opinion on this matter, and I totally respect it, but I thought I'd post it
to the list since I've been (mostly) lurking here and thought I'd try to
join in some more. I know that there are transformers available to convert
low impedance to high, and I believe that I've read that overdrive effects
pedals also give a similar sound transformation. Further complicating the
matter is my sense that the guitar pickup world seems to have switched its
affection from higher impedance to lower (more vintage) impedance.